Our Naturopathic Doctors along with our Microneedling Skin Specialists are excited to offer Microneedling, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy; a leading edge treatment in Naturopathic Medical Aesthetics designed to address many skin concerns.
This treatment is covered under most healthcare plans.
Check with your provider.
BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN INDUCTION THERAPY (MICRONEEDING)
• Restores structural integrity
• Improves elasticity
• Improves texture
• Thickens skin layers
• Reduces pore size
• Evens pigment (Melanogenesis)
• Improves appearance of scars
• Improves appearance of stretch marks
• Improves immunization & reduces risk of non-melanoma skin cancer
What is Collagen Induction Therapy / Microneedling?
Microneedling is performed by our licensed, professional Naturopathic Doctors and Skin Specialists. The eDermaStamp® is a medical-grade device, approved by Health Canada. It is comprised of surgical grade micro-needles that deliver 150 strokes per second, gliding over the skin creating controlled, non-traumatic penetration triggering the natural production of collagen and elastin.
This “controlled damage” allows the wound to heal slowly and correctly, rather than in “emergency mode”, allowing for rejuvenation of the skin.
Why is Microneedling so Effective?
Cells release molecular messengers called Growth Factors and Cytokines → which increase cellular signalling and normalize cell function. With improved cell to cell communication, cell function is improved and damaged skin is replaced with New Skin that has improved structure and elasticity.
How much more effective is it?
• Average topical absorption rate 7%
• After micro-needling, 80% absorption of active ingredients. To clarify, Microneedling opens up the skin, so all the product is actually absorbed, instead of sitting on the surface.